We are in a field where everybody has easy access to the primary text we study, through the paper versions many of us have at home and through online resources which also allow you to compare many different versions. I therefore feel it is not necessary to copy texts verbatim in all cases, especially when it concerns only tangentially related texts.
Below are some examples of post containing a lot of citations. I'd like to avoid situations like these because it requires a lot of scrolling.
What guidelines can we come up with? When should a citation be included and when is it better to only include a reference (and perhaps a link to an online resource)?
- Answer: What does “taste death” in Hebrews 2:9 mean?
- Answer: Does Revelation 3:20 refer to individuals or a whole church (Laodicea)?
- Question: Why did God decree that Cain be protected from murder, yet later commands others be murdered?
- Answer: Why did God decree that Cain be protected from murder, yet later commands others be murdered?
- Answer: How is the Law changed in Hebrews 7:12?