Reason Vs Dogma
This is absolutely true, and the existence of constant questions like this by experts prove this. This site has long been turned into Theological Exegesis, and the proper topics on Hermeneutics have been getting quickly banned. Users subconsciously develop the habit of closing questions as off-topic, because we have experienced that practice for long.
70% are indeed theological, debating on trinity, Jesus deity etc, and the rest 30% garbage contradiction topics stemming from lack of education on biblical criticism.
The topic of this site is the core task of exegesis,.....
Most answers on this site should be predominantly exegetical. But there are times when a helpful answer will be mostly theological.
Although it is true that common questions would be on exegesis, dealing directly with the immediate text and translation here. However, dogmatic exegesis along with direct-theological implication topics should be banned outright. Hermeneutics questions need to be allowed and not be closed. - Seeking resources on hermeneutical interpretation of scriptural texts Influenced by Egyptian culture
The position taken in answering the question is based on a belief that the Bible is not the infallible word, and doesn't even have to be self-consistent; its purpose is to present a message, not literal truth.
That is certainly what most people in the world believe, so it's not an unreasonable position.
But is it a reasonable position for this site? Not because there is anything inherently wrong with it, but because the resulting answers will end up being mostly predictable and uninformative. (The answer already has a down-vote.)
The level of culture of suppressing & censoring real hermeneutical posts causes some users to question whether such kind of non-dogmatic posts is even appropriate here? When in reality, it had been decided that the site was secular, focusing on real hermeneutics from Biblical Criticism i.e. scientific objective approach, and that the dogmatic illiterate uneducated church laymen are to be allowed to show them light and education. Now, after few years, the dogmatic people gradually hijacked this site, and the questions are being asked about allowing the secular perspective. To clarify, the ChristianitySE is meant for the dogmatic exegesis and theological debates. It is not a Church-History-SE. Still, all exegesis questions are diverted here, and it is falsely portrayed that this is a Christian-dogma-exegesis site.
When I searched on CSE meta, I was surprised to see that exegesis and hermeneutics are tags in CSE already. They allow exegesis, though very few exegesis topics are posted there. Then why the hell they have invaded this as well with people objecting to real hermeneutics with qualms of blasphemy, as truth is seen blasphemous to them, and anti-KJV (Text Critical) answers seems offensive to them.
Could it be that there has been conflict of interest among some admins who are working on both sides and display a bias towards one? (I can't imagine a Rabbinic Jew from JudaismSE being a moderator here or on CSE). Secular and dogmatic methodologies are fundamentally opposed to each other. The vast majority of dogmatic users should be diverted to CSE by showing constant error popups while they make new topics or answers here.
Either, both the CSE and BHE convey a msg that the Christians of CSE are incapable of hermeneutics; or since the dogmatic mob has long invaded this secular site which was meant to be a university rather than church, then we need a separate Secular Hermeneutics which would be absurd.
Light Vs Darkness
Christians would agree, at least in theory, that there is nothing in common between light and darkness. All three sites CSE, Judaism, BHE (Secular) are enemies of each other. It is high time we should start drawing a line to save this one. Theological and dogmatic anti-reason faith-based irrational and emotion based users and essay writers are better suited on CSE.