According to our help page, questions about the languages themselves are off topic:
Yet we have several questions about languages themselves. We need to either:
- Modify our help page
- Follow our current site scope guidance
What should we do? Here are some examples:
- How different is Biblical Hebrew from modern Hebrew?
- What are the differences between Hebrew and Aramaic? (a disclaimer in the question body indicates it is an undesirable question, but the answers don't reflect this disclaimer nor does any action seem to have been taken to change this)
- How many Greek words could be used to translate the Hebrew for day of rest?
- Definition of Greek γενεά (genea)
Questionable (i.e not sure if it should be closed for this reason or not):
- Before the Tower of Babel did all speak Hebrew as the original human language? (more of a history question, with only a slight connection to the text)