I'm a follower of Jesus, father of four and husband to one, a graduate of Biola University and a student at Western Seminary. I earn a living as a corrections deputy in Vancouver, Washington.
Here are some of my posts
- Do Symbols Always Hijack the Facts?
- 3 Overlooked Reasons Jesus "Cleansed" the Temple
- 5 Reasons the Shawshank Redemption is the Greatest Christian Movie Ever
- The Christian Message of Bill Murray's Groundhog Day
And my teaching on Youtube
- Episode 2: The location of Jesus' botched healing in the Gospel of Mark tells us a great deal about its meaning.
- Episode 3: Mark arranges his stories in recognizable patterns to help a strictly listening audience hear and interpret their meaning.
- Episode 4: Repeating a pattern three times is a common storytelling technique and Mark uses it to great effect.
Love to get to know you! Stop on by. :)
Top network posts
- 25 What does it mean to be "born of water"?
- 17 In the Gospel of Mark, why does Jesus heal this blind man twice?
- 16 What is the meaning of "water and blood" in 1 John 5:6?
- 16 Did Mark intend to end his gospel at 16:8?
- 16 In the Gospel of Mark, why does Jesus heal this blind man twice?
- 15 Why does Jesus tell the Samaritan woman to "Go, call your husband"?
- 14 What is “sin that leads to death” in 1 John 5:16?
- View more network posts →