Hey! I'm Mike Walsh. I run a SQL Server consultancy called Straight Path Solutions. We are SQL Server (well really, Microsoft data platform, doing a cloud Platform as a Service projects lately and speaking about that topic more and more). We help folks with short-term "get out of trouble" engagements, but we really love doing our comprehensive SQL Server Health Checks and jumping into a longer-term managed service relationship we call FlexDBA.
For some reason, Microsoft has recognized me as an MVP 8 times since April of 2011 in the Data Platform space.
When I'm not consulting with a client or growing our boutique database managed services firm, I speak at small and big events about SQL Server and data, I blog about SQL Server in various forums. I also Spend time with my wife and our four children on our little 20 acre farm in NH tending the animals and enjoying a sort of rustic and simple "outside of work and conferences" life.
- Database Administrators 17.5k 17.5k 66 gold badges4343 silver badges7272 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 849 849 77 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Server Fault 427 427 22 silver badges88 bronze badges
- Christianity 320 320 11 silver badge99 bronze badges
- Biblical Hermeneutics 217 217 22 silver badges66 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 350 Why Does the Transaction Log Keep Growing or Run Out of Space?
- 284 Why Does the Transaction Log Keep Growing or Run Out of Space?
- 93 Are SQL Server in-place upgrades as ill advised as they used to be?
- 37 I Need to Shrink My Database - I just freed a lot of space
- 36 What are Objective Reasons to Prefer SQL Server 2016 over Earlier Versions?
- 33 I Need to Shrink My Database - I just freed a lot of space
- 33 How do I attach a database in SQL Server?
- View more network posts →