Materialist: Men make their [world], but they do not make it as they please.
I'm interested in understanding the interplay between theological problems (Which canonical revealed texts? Which doctrines?) in Early Christianity and Talmudic Judiasm on the one hand, and the rise in power and prestige of monotheisms against state paganism in the Roman Empire up to Constantine on the other.
I don't think that materialism has contributed much to Biblical Hermeneutics, although there are such things as Marxist and Nietzschean approaches to theology. I'm here to learn, not as an expert.
- Role-playing Games 2.3k 2.3k 1818 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- Arqade 679 679 11 gold badge77 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- Biblical Hermeneutics 223 223 11 gold badge22 silver badges77 bronze badges
- Bricks 123 123 55 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 101 101 22 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 41 How do I build a sense of wonder in my games?
- 25 What does it mean to be born with a spirit instead of a soul?
- 24 How do I get my PCs to not be a bunch of murderous cretins?
- 16 Wesnoth tactics for beginner
- 14 Sorceresses that can survive on hell difficulty
- 12 What historical reasons resulted in Revelation being included in most Christian canons?
- 11 Where does the D&D concept of a dwarf come from?
- View more network posts →